Position Summary: Assists team in all marketing and public relations communications support and advocacy efforts for nonprofit and business clients. Experience working on multimedia campaigns that will include traditional media relations, marketing and social media. Video production/posting experience a plus.
MailChimp and list management (Cision) experience preferred.
- Assist public relations team in writing materials and media pitches
- Research new social media tools and participate in engagement strategy
- Assist with social media content and posting
- Research and build carefully planned target media lists
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events
- Administrative client support and MailChimp distributions
- Contribute to agency blog/website content
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- Public Relations experience preferred (internship experience is acceptable)
Hours & Wages
· Flexible hours starting at 8-12 hours per week, more hours on event weeks
· Internship will begin September 9, 2013 (also flexible) and end December 20, 2013; must have some event support availability week of September 16, September 23 and October 25.
· Extension of internship may be possible
More about Henry Schafer Partners: www.prforgood.org
To apply send resume, cover letter and writing sample to Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org