Lilja Communications (http://lilja.com) is an Eden Prairie-based communications firm with a passion for stories. Our expertise lies in shaping, producing and sharing stories for businesses, nonprofits, foundations, families and individuals. Our work spans traditional PR and social media campaigns, as well as life story publishing.
The Design/Communications Associate will provide design and PR support to the team working with our public relations and LifeStories clients.
· Provide support to staff members and assistance on client accounts.
· Format various newsletters and news materials using HTML coding.
· Design and develop cover and interior layout designs for LifeStories projects.
· Proof, edit and format materials.
· Draft news materials, emails, website text, etc.
· Research, draft and verify media lists.
· Monitor and maintain online news sites, blogs and social networking sites for clients.
· Fulfill client design requests as needed.
· Work with off-site printers on LifeStories books and other projects.
This important position requires the following skills:
· Strong project management skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
· Design background and experience with graphic and web design software, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, and basic HTML coding skills (experience with layout design and working with off-site printers a plus).
· Strong editing and proofreading skills, including ability to edit for AP style. Strong writing skills, from news releases to web copy to social media.
· Experience with a wide variety of social media campaigns and knowledge of SEO best practices.
· Experience with MS Office products, including Excel and PowerPoint, required.
· A self-starter with the ability to multitask and set priorities in a fast-paced, friendly environment.