OverviewHaberman is a full-service marketing agency with a clearly defined mission — to tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world. As modern storytellers, we create powerful movements that inspire engagement and drive positive social change. Our team is made up of bright, passionate advocates, many of whom left big agencies for more meaningful work. Because our agency has its roots in PR and believes firmly in the power of storytelling, earned media continues to be a special practice area for our agency and an ongoing need for our clients.
We seek an Account Manager with a Public Relations specialty and who excels at engagement with traditional and digital media. This individual must be able to offer significant contributions to strategic PR planning, as well as execution for a range of clients including both consumer and B2B accounts. This individual should be both knowledgeable and curious about the practice of public relations, client relations and the broader world of strategic communications. An expertise and passion for publicity is a must. Experience with food and/or sustainability is a plus.
This individual will work with cross-functional account teams to develop and execute creative and effective campaigns and accompanying earned media strategies that benefit our clients and our world. A sampling of campaign themes includes: supporting organic farmers, promoting a 100-year old heritage popcorn brand and sharing the benefits of the co-op business model.
- Serve as a key team member on PR-oriented client accounts, including serving as the client contact.
- Serve as a PR/earned media counselor on integrated accounts, including in new business meetings.
- In concert with the team, develop earned media plans for a range of client movements, marketing campaigns and events.
- Pitch and secure stories with media contacts across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.).
- Develop robust blogger relations campaigns and programs.
- Integrate and help ensure smart and seamless coordination between PR and other integrated work we’re producing on behalf of the client.
- Manage/supervise client interviews, desk-sides, events and media tour execution, including planning, logistics and recaps.
- Write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, speeches, presentations, and blog posts.
- Develop effective media lists, including research to supplement media database outputs.
- Immerse self in clients’ industries, brands and past media coverage.
- Own relationships with key media.
- Assist with client/spokesperson media training.
- 2+ years of heavy media relations experience, including experience working with consumer and B2B/technology brands.
- Established relationships with key media contacts across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.), including experience with blogger relations beyond just placing a story on a blog.
- Expertise in digital media world, including earned media achieved throughout blogs, utilizing Facebook and Twitter, etc.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Experience with online media database, such as Vocus.
- Successful track record of garnering results on PR accounts and media relations campaigns.
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management and project management skills.
Modern Storytellers. You Might Be One If…
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You know when to break out the confidence and when to be humble. Collaboration is natural.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
Haberman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re based in Minneapolis, MN.
- See more at: http://www.modernstorytellers.com/careers/now-hiring-account-manager-pr/#sthash.YZ3we3KT.dpuf