Reports to: PR & Marketing Manager
Status: Part-time, Unpaid, Temporary (20 hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 10 a.m. and 5p.m. with specific days and hours to be arranged). Some hours outside normal business hours may be substituted periodically.
Length of Assignment: Sept 1, 2013–June 30, 2014
Learn how to apply >
Position SummaryThis position is responsible for assisting the PR & Marketing Manager and the Marketing and Communication Department in the daily operations and activities of Ordway Center for the Performing Arts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and maintain online and print calendar listings.
- Read and compile press clips into comprehensive reports.
- Prepare targeted media lists and maintain an updated media contact file.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of public relations materials, including but not limited to: press releases, media alerts, media and blogger night invitations and press kits.
- Assist PR & Marketing Manager and Creative Department in oversight of program magazines for Ordway events.
- Assist in research, drafting and editing of Ordway marketing materials including brochures, e-blasts and newsletters.
- Assist in updating sections of Ordway’s website.
- Maintain responsibility for show-related requests including car rentals and b-roll distribution.
- Assist in coordinating media previews, visits and interviews by making various phone calls for research, follow-up or confirmation.
- Assist in opening night press preparations.
- Perform and assist PR & Marketing Manager in other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Major or Focus in public relations, journalism, marketing, or equivalent is required.
Previous internship experience in public relations, marketing/advertising or equivalent preferred. Prior clerical or administrative support experience in a non-profit, education or cultural environment a plus. Previous knowledge of AP Style preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, Ability
Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills necessary. Polished communicator. Flexible team player. Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, excellent phone manner and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and to deadline. Computer aptitude required, with Microsoft Office experience preferred.
Computers, printers, telephone, calculator, fax machine and other general office equipment.
Learn how to apply >