JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for assisting the PR & Marketing Manager and the Marketing and Communication Department in the daily operations and activities of Ordway Center for the Performing Arts.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and maintain online and print calendar listings.
- Collect and compile press clips into comprehensive reports.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of public relations materials, including but not limited to: press releases, media alerts, media and blogger night invitations and press kits.
- Assist PR & Marketing Manager and Creative Department in oversight of program magazines for Ordway events.
- Assist in research, drafting and editing of Ordway marketing materials including brochures, e-blasts and newsletters.
- Assist in updating sections of Ordway’s website.
- Maintain responsibility for show-related requests including car rentals and b-roll distribution.
- Assist in coordinating media previews, visits and interviews by making various phone calls for research, follow-up or confirmation.
- Assist in opening night press preparations and attend press events as assigned.
- Participate in Marketing & PR driven events/festivals by helping at the Ordway booth/table.
- Perform and assist PR & Marketing Manager in other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
EDUCATION: Major or Focus in public relations, journalism, marketing, or equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE: Previous internship experience in public relations, marketing/advertising or equivalent preferred. Prior clerical or administrative support experience in a non-profit, education or cultural environment a plus. Previous knowledge of AP Style preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITY: Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills necessary. Polished communicator. Flexible team player. Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, excellent phone manner and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and to deadlines. Computer aptitude required, with Microsoft Office experience preferred.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Computers, printers, telephone, calculator, fax machine and other general office equipment.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, three professional references and at least two writing samples, one of which should be a news release (can be a school project) or Ordway application form to: Human Resources, 345 Washington Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102, or stop by the "Stage Door" on 5th Street to apply; or fax info to: (651) 224-1820, or email to: email@example.com. Web Page: www.ordway.org Job Line: (651) 282-3110. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA