Come, lend your creativity and curiosity and join tpt’s Marketing & Communications team as the new Marketing & Social Media Specialist! Twin Cities Public Television, a Star Tribune 2012 Top Workplaces Employer, is seeking a skilled and experienced Marketing & Social Media Specialist to help create, implement, and maintain tpt’s corporate website, online marketing presence and social media platforms to ensure maximum viewer hits and a quality viewer experience to help fulfill the tpt mission.
The qualified candidate will have a strong background in a web hosting environment providing web content production using various forms of CMS platforms, analytics, reports and other data to internal customers as well as being the Marketing “ambassador” for tpt via social media and the web. Past experience working in Public Relations and/or Marketing is preferred.
The new Marketing & Social Media Specialist will provide marketing and social media services and support to the organization in the following areas:
MARKETING WEB CONTENT
• Apply content production skills to produce text, graphics, audio, and video content for the tpt’s websites using various CMS platforms.
• Collaborate with marketing, design and external designers to create the look of tpt’s websites.
• Engage community and engender support for tpt.
• Communicate with marketing - and various other staff members as needed - to determine what information on tpt’s websites should be updated/changed/added/deleted and execute those changes.
• Develop concepts, interactive structures and strategies for content development to keep the websites up-to-date, strong, and supportive of tpt’s mission and goals.
• Ensure appropriate branding on the websites.
• Provide quarterly brand audit and updates of tpt website properties.
• Understand and implement basic HTML code, SEO and web analytics.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTION
• Research and assist in determining which sites should be used and create and maintain a presence on those sites.
• Market and promote tpt content and events on sites and social media on a regular basis.
• Moderate discussion board or comments section of website.
• Act as marketing “ambassador” for tpt via social media and web.
• Track and gather monthly site data/analytics and help interpret/compile for station use.
• Establish goals and methods for tracking outcomes on the use of the networking sites.
• Help develop and update social media editorial calendar based on day-to-day execution and implementation of social media playbook and marketing editorial calendar.
• Other Marketing and PR support as needed.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication or combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years’ experience in a relevant role in Marketing, Public Relations and/or social media.
• Extensive computer and web (CMS platform) technology experience. Microsoft Office 2010 environment for desktop application.
• Experience in using and managing various social media platforms.
• Proven track record of calculating and reporting social media and web analytics.
• Exceptional ability to write/edit content for web and social media communication.
• Strong team player with a positive attitude and ability to work cross-functionally.
• The ability to create effective, high quality relationships with internal and external constituents.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Highly motivated and a self-starter.
• Ability to work independently.
• Dependable, reliable and conscientious.
If you possess the necessary direct work experience as a Marketing & Social Media Specialist, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/?a=careers to apply online.
Twin Cities Public Television is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer