Position Summary: The Public Affairs and Communications Assistant at Capella Education Company will provide administrative and project support to the Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications, Director of Government Affairs, Director of Public and Federal Aid Policy and the overall Corporate Communications & Government Affairs department. This position reports to the Vice President, Public Affairs and Communications.
Primary Responsibilities includes:
· Coordinates activities and provides administrative support for Capella’s VP of Public Affairs and Communications, Director of Government Affairs and Director of Public and Federal Aid Policy in the following areas:
o calendar, meeting and travel management
o document and presentation creation, editing and distribution
o compose internal and external correspondence, ensuring professional and timely responses to appropriate parties
o department coordination such as meeting scheduling, updating organizational charts, maintaining distribution lists and event planning
o processing expense reports, invoices, authorization forms and contracts
o general administrative duties such as organizing office space, processing mail, photocopying, scanning, maintaining filing systems
· Works closely with the VP of Public Affairs and Communications on writing, designing, formatting and distributing presentations, documents, reports, memos and other materials as needed, producing consistent, accurate and professional product.
· Project manager for department projects related to social media, internal and external communications, government affairs, public and federal aid which involves creating project plans in order to meet timelines, composing and sending project related communication, executing project with a variety of stakeholders and audiences.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or related field preferred or commensurate experience.
Experience: 2-3 years of demonstrated success in a corporate communications, public affairs or public relations environment.
· Adaptable and flexible - Energized by the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and embraces change. Ability to re-prioritize quickly in a very fast and changing environment.
- Confident, fully-engaged professional with a desire and ability to deliver a consistent product.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and projects.
- High attention to details, great follow up and strong time management skills.
- Creative and able to problem solve, obtain, analyze, and hypothesize from data points obtained.
- Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Basic project coordination skills: the ability to provide feedback, improve processes, and propose solutions to identified problems.
- Initiative and good judgment and ability to demonstrate courtesy and tact in obtaining and furnishing information.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- High-level competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Relationship-building and problem resolution skills, and is open to feedback, self-aware and strong desire to learn.
· Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple projects and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment and in an effective and productive manner.
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure, maintain a professional demeanor at all times and ability to maintain confidentiality.Work/Location Requirements
225 S. 6th St., 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
225 S. 6th St., 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
This is an on-site position located at Capella’s downtown Minneapolis headquarters. It requires the ability to work in downtown Minneapolis and in a high-rise corporate office setting. Typical of a corporate office setting, Capella’s office space:
· is designed with an open work space setting and common fluorescent lighting
· includes frequent co-worker interaction and corresponding noise levels
· is subject to inside environmental conditions
· this role is mainly a sedentary role with frequent sitting and occasional walking and/or standing.
· this role involves frequent usage of a telephone, PC and standard monitors.
· this role has minimal lifting requirements, may require exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Requires minimal (0–10 percent) business travel:
· may occasionally require travel to on-site Capella events such as Commencement or off-site Capella University leadership meetings as requested and based on business needs. All travel must be pre-approved and arrangements made according to Capella’s policies/procedures.
· the University’s general office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. Work hours and starting times may vary depending on the job and the business needs. Some positions will have a specified starting time, and may be earlier or later, depending upon business requirements.
· the normally scheduled workweek for all full-time employees consists of 40-45 hours.
How to Apply:Qualified and interested applicants should go to www.capellaeducation.com and click on the tab Careers at Capella to apply for this position.