This position is responsible for managing brand PR and Communication program including defining, planning, and executing strategy for shared information concerning SANUS branded products and services through newspapers, periodicals, internet/web, social media and audio/visual communication media to promote publicity and good will, thereby generating earned media results that drive sales growth in support of organizational goals. Duties include developing content for posting on all designated social media outlets, tracking social media influence measurements, monitoring online competitor preferences/perceptions, researching new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, reporting “chatter” and preparing reports to update internal employees and management on usage statistics, and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites. This position will influence consumer behavior across new media channels, analyzing customer-initiated conversations and advising appropriate marketing, sales and customer service teams as needed.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Develop and implement public relations and marketing strategies, plans and programs to increase brand recognition, which includes initiating proactive contacts with news media, maintaining all press clippings, photos, and video, as well as preparing editorial text for publications; obtain photographs and/or video; manage web site content; produce inter-company and external communications
· Plan, present and manage public relations and social media programs, ensuring tailored communications and full perspective to successfully position organization
· Ensure message consistency and raise visibility in the target media markets
· Work closely with senior management, customers, and partners in determining appropriate PR strategies to support the business
· Benchmark best practices with other companies and develop policies and procedures for the PR function, as necessary
· Manage incoming media calls related to available products and services
· Work closely with PR agency in copy development and database administration.
· Assist in the selection, retention and evaluation of external PR consultants
· Actively support regional and national marketing strategies through proactive media relations
· Assist with tradeshow, sales meeting, event planning as needed
· Provides internal communications support surrounding internal or external crisis situations
· Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and the Company’s policies and procedure
· Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
· Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
· Other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Proficient in the use of personal computers and various software packages (Content Management Systems (CMS), a Search Engine Marketing (SEO), Blogging Software, Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system))
· Outstanding client relationship skills, expertise in writing, success in media placements, and ability to work on both trade and consumer communications
· Exceptional understanding of Social Media strategy and implementation.
· Proven ability to track and measure PR and social media activity for business results.
· Expertise in all aspects of public relations, editing and writing; Current knowledge of media and communication vehicles including print, radio, and electronic (web/internet) media including social media
· Proven strategic thinking and project management skills
· Strong presentation skills and presence
· Strong work ethic
· Demonstrated ability working with minimal supervision and exercising judgment within generally defined policies in developing, recommending and implementing strategies for results
· Self-starter with the ability to manage to tight timelines
· Positive, energetic attitude, initiative and professionalism
· Outstanding vocabulary, spelling and grammar skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a team environment, and leverage additional resources as needed
· Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
· Ability to multi-task and manage several projects through completion at one time
· Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelors degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English, or related field and a minimum of three (3) years internal and external communications experience in a corporate or agency setting with demonstrated results in media relations strategy and planning; orcombination of relevant education and experience
Special Job Requirements:
· Must be available for long, varied work hours at times
· Ability to lift 40 lbs.
· Must be comfortable using powered tools for product and display assembly and tradeshow set-up
· Audio Visual enthusiast
· Communications and/or marketing strategy development
· Working with a creative agency
· Consumer electronics experience
· Social Media experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for tradeshow booth set-up
· General office environment
· May require regular ground travel to other company facilities within local metropolitan area
· Long-distance or (international) air travel as needed – not to exceed 25% travel