The mission of Avenues for Homeless Youth is to provide emergency shelter, short term housing and support services for homeless youth in a safe and nurturing environment. Through such service, Avenues seeks to help youth achieve their personal goals and find a positive transition into young adulthood.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will coordinate a cohesive and comprehensive marketing and communications effort that promotes the importance and impact of Avenues for Homeless Youth’s mission, vision and programs.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator, working with the Director of Development, will provide leadership and coordination for agency-wide communications, with an emphasis on consistent branding; print, web and social media; events communications and management, and marketing. In addition, the person in this role will work to foster productive and sustainable relationships resulting in increased cause marketing and third party fundraising events and revenue.
· Collaborate in the creation and execution of marketing and communications strategic and annual plans
· Coordinate and assist in the development of print materials, i.e., brochures, invitations, annual report
· Maintain brand identity and communications guidelines agency-wide
· Lead in the delivery of robust online and e-communications and marketing including website, blog, and e-newsletter
· Provide support for all event-related marketing and communications
· Work as part of a team that plans and executes agency fundraising events
· Develop relationships resulting in growth of third party fundraising events and revenue
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS (ATTRIBUTES):
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in marketing, communications or related field; three years of related work experience and/or training, or a combination of education, experience and training
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Experience with web-based marketing and communications (social media, website, e-newsletters), print-based marketing and communications, cause marketing, events management
· Strong organizational skills
· Works effectively in a team environment and independently
· Meets deadlines in a fast paced work environment
· Practice and model Avenues’ core values, including but not limited to:
o Commitment to social justice, diversity and cultural competency
o Commitment to transparency and collaboration
o Commitment to supporting every individual (staff, clients, volunteers, partners) as they strive to achieve their full potential
o Commitment to a team and community-based approach in everything we do
o Commitment to stewardship, through which we are ethical and wise stewards of our human, financial and physical resources
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, references and compensation requirements to Terry Velasquez, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline – November 15, 2013.
No phone calls please.
Avenues for Homeless Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons of color are encouraged to apply.