Regency Beauty Institute is a growing, nationally-recognized cosmetology education provider. By building and operating convenient, upscale, retail-oriented campuses and centralizing admissions and student services functions utilizing proprietary technologies, Regency has redefined the way beauty education is delivered. Headquartered in St. Louis Park, MN, Regency was founded as a single campus in Minneapolis in 1950 and has grown to 89 campuses in 20 states.
Do you live and breathe style, follow the latest fashion trends and have a knack for quick, creative writing that engages and excites? Can you transform a 15-minute interview into a social-media ready blog post with little direction?
We want to hear from you.
Regency Beauty Institute seeks a motivated communications intern with outstanding written communication skills to join its Marketing team for the spring semester. Forget about fetching coffee or stapling papers. This intern will make meaningful contributions to Regency’s web presence and brand messaging daily.
This opportunity is perfect for communications students with experience in both reporting and strategic communications, as the intern will create content ranging from blog posts to short-form strategy material.
It is essential that the individual in this role be able to work a regular and reliable schedule.
Reports to: Communications Specialist, Marketing
Schedule: Part-time, 10+ hours per week
Location: Regency headquarters, St. Louis Park, MN
- Interviewing campus managers and students as assigned for the digital newsletter and public-facing blog
- Researching and pitching blog post ideas
- Supporting production of internal strategy communications as needed
- Assisting in press release production and media outreach
- Supporting efforts to track earned media placement
- Working directly with Communications Specialist on additional projects as needed
Skills and experience required:
- Majoring/majored in journalism, communication arts, strategic communications or related field
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills and/or demonstrated experience reporting
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task as needed
- Features writing or blogging experience preferred
- Experience using a content calendar preferred
- Experience with the Wordpress content management system preferred
- Reliable transportation to our St. Louis Park location
- Works responsibly and
thoughtfully with a team
Apply online now.