SUMMARY: The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for a Marketing & Communications intern to help with several communications projects in first quarter 2014. The national organization, based in Edina, MN oversees the continued success of nearly 50 Get Your Rear in Gear 5K events nationally, promoting awareness and raising funds to fight colon cancer.
This position is responsible for curating and managing the story series “Face of Blue” in March (Colon Cancer Awareness Month) as well as assisting the communications team with transferring content from the organization’s current website to the new CMS, other writing and social media duties will also be assigned.
JOB TITLE: Intern – Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Twin Cities Metro
SALARY: College Credit
TYPE: Intern / 15 hours per week
DEADLINE: December 20, 2013
START DATE: January 13, 2014
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Curate and manage March story series.
2. Website support.
3. Research and write articles for blog and e-newsletter.
4. Assist event department with regular email communication to event participants.
5. Compose press releases for upcoming events and grant recipients.
6. Research and confirm press contacts in event markets throughout the country.
7. Media relations for events as needed.
8. Updating online event calendars with local event information.
9. Social media planning and execution.
10. Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently, a willingness to accept a variety of tasks, and a positive attitude. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign/Illustrator a plus. Journalism, marketing, public relations or communications coursework preferred and/or a career interest in non-profit organizations.
Candidate must be a self-starter with high attention to detail. Candidate should have access to transportation and a personal computer.
Academic credit can be arranged through individual college/advisor
HOW TO APPLY: Email email@example.com with cover letter, resume and writing samples.