OVERVIEW: The Uptown Association is a non-profit member based organization serving the Uptown Minneapolis area since 1975 with offices located near the intersection of Hennepin Avenue and West Lake Street. The mission of the organization is to improve the economic vitality and sustainability of Uptown through collaboration and partnerships. The Association is also the producer of the Uptown Art Fair, a nationally renowned fine art show that is held annually the first weekend of August and celebrating its 51st anniversary in 2014!
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Uptown Association Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for students to receive hands-on experience at one of the most active business associations in the City of Minneapolis, as well as the producer of the nationally acclaimed Uptown Art Fair. The Association is looking for a Digital Content Marketing intern to start February 3, 2014 who is interested in enhancing their education experience in the areas of event planning and project management, communications, public relations, marketing, and journalism. This position will run February 2014 until September 2014 for 15 hours a week at $15 an hour.
The Digital Content Marketing Intern will be working with our team to continuously research and develop content across various communications channels including our website, print pieces and on social media.
- Writing engaging social media and web content
- Creating a social media plan for the 2014 Uptown Association and the 2014 Uptown Art Fair
- Researching and assisting in content development
- Generating creative ideas for social channels
- Working with in-house graphic designer on visual web presence
- Assisting with tracking social media /web analytics
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or marketing. Recent graduates seeking an internship opportunity also welcome to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & WordPress
- Extensive familiarity and hands-on social media experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and other popular channels.
- Passionate about content creation.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, creative and a team player.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work in our Uptown office
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples and a list of three references. The cover letter should include work and education experience, availability and desired outcomes. Applications must be received by January 10, 2014.
Please submit applications to:
Maude Lovelle /Jessica Jesswein
1406 West Lake Street, Lower Level C
Minneapolis, MN 55408