Agri-Growth is a non-profit trade association representing Minnesota’s food and agriculture industry through public policy, lobbying, strategic planning, and advocacy. The Council’s 200+ members range from multinational agri-business companies as well as small food processors, to renewable energy manufacturers, other trade associations, commodity groups, farmers, finance-lenders, academic institutions, and other businesses directly or indirectly involved in the food and agriculture sector.
The ideal candidate for the Communications Director position will possess a strong background and understanding of the issues impacting the food and agriculture sector, demonstrated experience and knowledge of communication trends, tools, and strategies to effectively communicate with member and key external audiences, strong communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, an understanding of the political and regulatory processes, and a desire and enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field, along with a minimum of 2 years experience working within the food and agriculture sector.
- Solid understanding of issues and trends affecting the food and agriculture sector.
- Solid understanding of media/communication trends, and how to effectively use various communication tools and strategies to reach members and key external audiences.
- Excellent communication skills (writing/editing, speaking, presentations).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement communication strategies to ensure the organization is seen as a respected resource on issues impacting Minnesota’s food and agriculture sector.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Familiarity of content management systems and raw html is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability and desire to build relationships with current and potential members and represent Agri-Growth at various functions.
- Ability to prioritize, establish and meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and as a team in a small office environment.