What will you do?
As the Senior Public Relations Strategist, you will be responsible for creating, presenting and overseeing implementation of public relations strategies for clients across all Flint Group locations. Depending on where you’ve been, you might specialize in one or more area, including:
- Media relations
- Key message development
- Public affairs and advocacy
You will be working closely with social media and public relations team members, as well as Flint’s account and creative teams as you work to create collaborative, integrated work. You should be a great communicator—both written and verbal—and be able to confidently learn, adjust and multi-task in the fast-paced agency world. We need someone who will relish the opportunity to take on the challenges of several clients in multiple industries and regions across the country. Are you that someone?
How will you do it?
Since we are open to a variety of public relations skill sets, the exact responsibilities of this position will vary based on your strengths and experiences. Some of the core responsibilities of the position are detailed below.
- Creating results-driven public relations strategies for clients in several different industries.
- Effectively collaborating within the public relations and social media team, while working seamlessly with account and creative teams across all Flint Group offices.
- Assisting in the creating on project-based estimates, RFPs and scope-of-work estimates.
- Overseeing and participating in the implementation of client strategies.
- Providing public relations counsel to clients in real time.
Who are you?
- A cutting-edge strategist with a proven record of creating and implementing successful public relations strategies using up-to-date best practices.
- An excellent communicator with engaging, relatable presentation skills.
- A lightning-fast learner who is able to think on your feet.
- Excited and passionate about marketing communications and the Flint Group.
- Familiar with the way a full-service agency works, including the ability to thrive in its team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A self-starter who can execute a plan with minimal input from senior practitioners and remain accountable through the life cycle of each project.
- A strong multi-tasker, able to mentally switch gears from one industry, region, goal or audience to the next at a moment’s notice.
- A positive person, who smiles, laughs and brings a can-do attitude to the office every day.
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations (agency experience strongly preferred).
- Experienced in content strategy or social media is a huge plus, as is experience in any of the following industries: manufacturing, higher education, health care, finance, travel/tourism or retail.
- Willing to travel about 10% of the time.