Pay Rate: $10/hour (most weeks will be 40 hours, more during peak activity times)
Job Summary: Support State Fair public relations, marketing and media relations efforts
• Assist with scheduling interviews, generating story ideas, conducting research and answering
questions from the media via email, in person or over the phone.
• Monitor broadcast and print media coverage of the State Fair.
• Assist in producing media kit and other miscellaneous publications.
• Manage media credential database program.
• Support vendors, exhibitors and other fair stakeholders with media relations efforts.
• Assist with proofreading and editing written materials.
• Manage the organization, inventory and maintenance of press clippings and database.
• Assist with numerous writing projects such as press releases, website copy or promotional
copy as assigned.
• Work extra daily hours and periods with no days off during peak activity times (must be
available to work Aug. 16 through Sept. 1).
• Assist in other areas of the marketing division and complete special projects as needed or
assigned by immediate supervisor or the marketing communications manager.
• High school graduate and have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in public relations,
journalism, marketing, communications or a related area of study.
• Strong computer skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines and effectively multi-task.
• Familiarity with Associated Press Style guidelines.
• Customer service skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Send a cover letter, resume, references and three writing samples in a Microsoft Word, PDF
or web link format to email@example.com.
• No phone calls or walk-in inquiries will be accepted.
• We will only respond to applicants who are interviewed for the position.
• Deadline: Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014