The BrandLab Mission
To change the face and voice of the marketing industry by introducing, guiding and preparing students for careers in marketing.
A marketing industry that thrives on the insights and creativity of people with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The BrandLab Classroom Program
The BrandLab delivers a hands-on curriculum in high school classes across the Twin Cities, equipping students with the fundamentals of marketing and advertising. In collaboration with teachers, industry partners and committed volunteers, we bring industry expertise into the classroom, and move student learning out of the classroom through field trips to area agencies and corporations. For a select group of students who excel in our program, we offer summer internships and $1,000 scholarships. Merging industry expertise to student passion and perspective, The BrandLab works to change the face and voice of marketing and advertising.
Position Description for The BrandLab Instructors
A BrandLab Instructor is responsible for the in-class implementation of The BrandLab curriculum. Working in close partnership with Teachers, Instructors translate The BrandLab curriculum into a weekly calendar and classroom experience that accomplishes both the class’s and The BrandLab’s learning goals.
The BrandLab Instructor requests classroom volunteers, guest speakers, field trips, and other support from our Outreach Director, and acts as the point of contact once these request are filled.
· Work Experience or training in Marketing and/or Advertising
· Experience leading and facilitating a Creative Process
· Desire to teach in an urban environment
· Ability to adapt quickly to change
· Experience working on a team
· An eye for potential and opportunities to reach it
· Confidence in collaborating with many different constituents: Cooperating Teacher, Program Director, Outreach Director, Students, Industry Volunteers
· Previous experience working with high school students a plus
· Teach The BrandLab Curriculum
· Establish rapport with cooperating teacher and students
· Manage student behavior
· Demonstrate a belief that all students’ individual talents can be developed
· Bi-weekly check in with Program Director
· Weekly planning meeting with Cooperating Teacher
· Attend planning meetings with The BrandLab
· Find opportunities for volunteers to support content in classroom
· Communicate with Volunteer Coordinator volunteer needs in advance notice
· Periodically communicate lesson plans to Program Director
· Develop support materials to adapt The BrandLab curriculum to meet the needs of the specific classroom
· Attend The BrandLab trainings
· Support The BrandLab mission by inspiring kids from all backgrounds to reach their creative potential and pursue a career in Marketing/Advertising
The BrandLab Instructors are part-time employees paid at $22.50 per hour with an average of 5-8 hours per week per class. Timesheets are required to submit for bi-weekly payment. Any pre-approved BrandLab classroom expenses will be reimbursed upon a submitted expense report. There will also be paid training sessions prior to class.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to Monica Mason, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org b