Department: Brand Relations
Company Name: Deluxe Corporation
Position Location: Shoreview, MN
Remote Work Location: No
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Deluxe Corporation is an award winning provider that is launching
new products, offering new services, and creating new ways to help small
businesses and financial institutions succeed. We provide an
environment that is dynamic, not bureaucratic and a structure
that is rewarding, not routine, now we need you to provide the passion
The Director, Public Relations serves as a key member of a small
critical team and is responsible for managing the external
communications for Deluxe Corporation. They must guide the messaging and
cascading of approved messaging throughout the organization.
They will work with external agencies to develop strategic and
inclusive communication and engagement plans for each calendar year.
This role reports directly to the Chief Brand and Communications
- Manages the development, implementation and strategic direction of
external agency partnerships with the goal of establishing and
maintaining a favorable image of the company with investors, potential
customers, employees and the public.
- Consults with internal and external partners in order to project the
corporate message to both external and internal audiences through social
media channels; oversees the analysis of responses to social media
activities and makes recommendations. Represents
the company message to online communities, media, analysts and the
general public at large. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to
ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages external communications in times of high company needs both
proactive and reactively. Serves as the top expert in crisis
communications on external issues. Interfaces with public relations
agencies and acts as the corporate spokesperson to the media,
analysts and the general public at large.
- Oversees aspects of internal and external communications for the
organization. Responsibilities include advertising/marketing, press
relations, creative editorial and design services, and internal
communications. May also be responsible for strategic communications
and special events.
- Interacts with employees at all levels of the organization including
the top executive team on a regular basis. Must present a thoughtful,
professional and intelligent image as a brand representative of the
- Serves as a guide in helping the Deluxe Foundation formulate
communications and strategies. Thinks precociously about the advancement
of the foundation in the community and how it can help serve the
advancement of the Deluxe brand.
- Manages the collection, analysis and distribution of all key brand metrics for the corporation.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
*Travel 1-2 times per month. Can work from home 1 day a week.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications)
- 10+ years experience
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to interact with roles at all levels within the company
- Must be able to be an active participant in project work
- This role both strategizes and personally participates in work outcomes
- Public Relations agency experience
Social Connections: Please visit our Facebook site to ask questions, get updates, and to better understand our culture. http://www.facebook.com/deluxecareers.
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required. EOE/M/F/D/V.