Schuler Publicity is looking to hire an Assistant Account Executive.
Located in the vibrant Lyn/Lake neighborhood of Uptown, I am a senior publicist doing national and local level consumer brand and select B2B client work. This is an opportunity to learn and be exposed to some fabulous brands and make career-making media contacts along the way. Clients include a wide range of industries from education and nonprofits to technology and consumer.
With a strong emphasis on media relations, this position requires someone with an outgoing personality, excellent writing skills and very strong organizational skills who is ready to dive in and join our growing team. Ideally, this person will have 1-3 years of experience with time spent at an agency. Writing and media relation skills necessary, administrative assistant skills appreciated.
· Very strong organizational skills – able to balance a wide variety of projects
· Excellent writing skills – news releases, pitches, bylined articles, social media posts
· Time management skills – able to manage hard deadlines and work under pressure
· Flexible, go with the flow nature – ability to work on a variety of projects
· Self-motivated – needs to show initiative and push work forward without constant supervision
· Administrative tasks as necessary – creating agendas and status reports, drafting meeting notes, scheduling
· Research, draft and edit press releases, pitches, and bylined articles
· Media relations skills – cultivate relationships with both consumer and trade media to achieve targeted coverage for clients
· Research, compile and manage client editorial calendars, coverage reports and status documents
· Working on multiple client accounts – report and track progress regularly
· Competitive salary depending on experience
· Healthcare and dental coverage
· Generous PTO allowance, public holidays and additional time off benefits
· Flexible work hours
· Computer and cell phone provided
Send cover letter, resume and writing samples by March 27, 2014. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.