The Minneapolis office of Weber Shandwick – a global public relations firm -- is looking for a media relations-focused PR professional with 3-5 years of experience to join our financial services team. We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive with experience working with clients in the financial services and/or technology sectors. The ideal candidate is a “news hound” with a passion for following the news, building media relationships and developing strong storylines that generate media interest.
Weber Shandwick is at the forefront in the industry in engaging audiences using integrated social, mobile, digital and traditional communications strategies. While this particular position will initially focus on traditional media relations, we always look to add to our complement of contemporary public relations professionals who embrace our industry’s transformation in the digital age. Our success is built upon a deep commitment to client service, our community, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and innovative ways to build brands and reputation. We receive consistent industry recognition for transformational campaigns for well-known brands and organizations, both locally and well beyond. Weber Shandwick’s financial services practice serves some of the most recognizable financial brands and organizations in both the private and public sectors, bringing a strong strategic perspective that integrates insights and best practices from our worldwide network.
Essential Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong B2B media relations skills with proven experience pitching and securing stories
- Solid B2B technical writing skills, including experience writing press releases or bylined articles for publication
- Experience in not only traditional media strategies but digital strategies and campaigns as well
- Ability to creatively leverage content across multiple channels to engage media and client audiences
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize engagement activities across a variety of client accounts
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience working in a team-based environment
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct business, personal finance, technology, trade media and other influencer outreach
- Work collaboratively with the client and senior leaders on accounts
- Work collaboratively as part of an agency team across multiple client business units and multiple Weber Shandwick offices
- Occasional travel
- BA or BS in Journalism, Business, Communications or related degree
- PR agency experience desired
- Knowledge of financial services and/or B2B technology subject matter desired
What’s in it For You?
- Our office has earned local recognition for our ‘great place to work’ environment. We operate under a collegial model where all voices are appreciated.
- You’ll join a firm at the forefront of the industry in engaging audiences using integrated social, mobile, digital and traditional communications strategies.
- You’ll work with colleagues who are leaders in their fields and have the opportunity to work on local and global accounts.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations firm with offices in 81 countries around the world. The firm has won numerous awards for innovative approaches and creative campaigns, including being named as the only PR firm in February 2014 to Ad Age’s “Agency A-List,” a top honor in the advertising and marketing services business. In addition, Weber Shandwick has won The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global Agency of the Year and the “Most Creative PR Firm in the World,” based on the agency’s first-place finish in its Creative Index, as well as PR News’ 2012 Digital PR Firm of the Year. Major practice areas include consumer marketing, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate and crisis management. The firm has deep, award-winning expertise in social media and digital marketing that helps drive engagement. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).