At Marvin Windows and Doors, we have Careers – Built around you.® We are a world-class designer and manufacturer of windows and doors that relies on our years of experience, advanced technology and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees to continually grow our business, (www.marvin.com). Join our team and experience an upbeat, challenging, and fun work environment.
Currently, we are seeking a Social Media/Channel Marketing Intern to join our Marketing Department and work out of our office in Eagan, MN.
This position provides support to the Public Relations and Channel Marketing departments—two of our cross-brand support areas within Marvin Windows and Doors Marketing group.
The individual in this role will gain valuable insight into the inner workings of an in-house public relations and channel marketing department of a B2B/B2C manufacturer with a complex distribution and dealer network. The individual will have the opportunity to (1) contribute to, and execute several social media marketing campaigns designed to build and grow the Marvin Windows and Doors brand and (2) work marketing tools and programs designed for our dealers and distributors to assist with their local marketing efforts.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
· Assist with social media content creation for both the Marvin and Integrity brands
· Assist with social media monitoring and reporting on Marvin and Integrity’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and Houzz
· Maintain Marvin and Integrity’s Pinterest and Houzz accounts; assist in content development strategy for both
· Provide regular updates on social media trends and insights
· Assist and contribute to overall execution of social media program to achieve marketing goals
Writing & Editing:
· Assist the public relations team, when needed, in writing and editing of Marvin’s MLuxe blog and Integrity’s Builder’s Blog
· Assist in writing and editing a variety of e-newsletters for the Marvin and Integrity Brands
Channel Tool Support
· Conduct an audit of dealer tools available on online marketing tool portal (MarvinMarketingExpress.com) to check for consistencies within customization options and range of segment-specific assets
· Review dealer locator lists on Marvin and Integrity websites and provide report of missing information on each dealer’s listing (i.e., company description, hours of operation, etc.)
· Review dealer listings on Google maps (and other similar) and assist dealers in getting added to these basic online company listing opportunities
Research & Reporting:
· Assist in regular monitoring and reporting of other public relations activity, which includes regular media monitoring and Google analytics
· Assist in various research projects on an as-needed basis, such as media list building, dealer internet searches, search engine optimization options, etc.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
· High school graduate and have, or are working toward a degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or business
· Experience using Search Engines such as Google, Internet directory sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
· Exposure to and understanding of basic ad design and layout
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, organized
· Ability to work on a team as well as be able to work independently
· Strong multi-tasking abilities
· Some knowledge using Microsoft Word and Excel
If you are self-motivated, have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and are a team player, send your resume and cover letter to:
Marvin Windows and Doors
PO Box 100
Warroad, MN 56763
ATTN: Kellie, HR
Fax: (218) 386-4204