Pope Architects is a St. Paul-based, multi-discipline architectural and interior design firm. We are seeking a highly motivated communications, public relations or journalism student to join our marketing team for a summer internship, with possible continued employment. Our marketing team is responsible for promoting the firm, and supporting new projects with writing and graphic work. We also provide general marketing and administrative support for the office.
We are looking for a student intern to help us develop a stronger communications for our firm. This includes:
1) maintaining news updates on the website.
2) writing press releases on projects, new hires, awards and developments.
3) researching and creating opportunities, and assisting in writing articles for publications.
4) exploring a social media campaign.
5) writing articles for company newsletter.
6) writing about ongoing design projects for marketing materials.
The student intern would assist in the daily responsibilities of the marketing group. This includes:
1) support for front desk reception and print room.
2) development of presentations, brochures and materials.
3) production of graphics for ongoing architectural projects.
4) involvement in general marketing efforts.
• Pursuing Bachelor's degree in related field (Journalism, Public Relations or Communication Studies preferred).
• Strong writing and editing skills. Graphic and layout skills a plus.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
• A high working proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
• An ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Great communication and people skills.
• Team-player and strong work ethic.
We’d like to get a sense of your writing abilities, as well as understand your general experience with design software. Submit a letter of interest, resume, three (3) examples of your written/public relations experience, and two (2) examples of your layout/design experience to Kathy Moris at email@example.com by April 21, 2014. No phone calls please. Please supply pdfs at a compressed file size.