This position will help develop, integrate and execute social media strategies and tactical plans to build the company’s global brands and reputation among customers (current and prospective), industry groups and the general public – in addition to driving engagement and supporting the marketing/communications objectives of The Toro Company. This individual will help manage the Company’s social media efforts, and work collaboratively with our other global brands participating in social media to ensure best practices, protection of information, and appropriate governance and response protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development and execution the company’s strategies, tactics, communications and governance plans for engaging in social media – on behalf of our brands and as individual participants.
• Manage the daily activity of The Toro Company’s social media properties, and provides guidance to those with responsibility for managing our other independent brand pages.
• Advocate on behalf of the Company in social media spaces by creating content, engaging in dialogues within our communities, and responding to customer inquiries where appropriate.
• Organize and coordinate the content life cycle between social media and other relevant content creators, and engages global business partners in the implementation of these activities.
• Ensure that all information broadcast on social media channels, across all brand pages, complies with brand image requirements and is safe for public disclosure.
• Conduct, gather, and analyze market research to determine social media opportunities and competitiveness.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, technologies, platforms and strategies to determine approaches that best support our businesses and customer segments.
• Help develop a framework for reporting insights gained from social media monitoring to company leadership, marketing, customer care and other relevant teams.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for campaigns and other social activities to maximize results (ROI).
• Help lead crisis management efforts across our global brand pages with regard to potential risks, negative comments, or inaccurate information in the social media space. Ensure processes are regularly updated, optimized and communicated.
• Assist with the creation and refinement of efficient, scalable processes to allow for greater amounts of meaningful communication between internal customers.
• Seek out thought leadership opportunities for presenting the organization’s social experiences and point of view.
• Monitor social channels outside normal business hours for crisis management, customer care and potential escalations.
• Bachelor’s degree marketing, communications or other related field along with at least two years of full-time professional business-related social media experience.
• Demonstrated experience in executing successful social media programs for brands with proven leadership in content strategy, monitoring/reporting, campaign development, and customer resolution initiatives.
• Ability to think strategically, and work across brands and businesses, to collaborate in developing engaging content that supports strategies, drives brand awareness, increases market preference for our products, and influences buying behaviors.
• Outstanding customer service ethic, people skills, and sense of urgency for helping to resolve issues in the social media space.
• Ability to collaborate with internal teams, external partners and agencies.
• Understanding of current trends in social media, and how companies use these technologies to engage with external audiences.
• Collaborative, creative and flexible work style.
• Experience with WordPress, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Radian6), and other social media delivery and management tools.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, The Toro Company delivers innovation through a surprising array of products. Since 1914, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoor landscapes. An excellent reputation, strong brands, ethical business practices, and a culture founded on trust and respect are ideals shared by our employees. With annual revenue of $2.0 billion, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership. More than 5,000 global employees form a strong community with a world of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Ideas and ideals. That’s life at Toro.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.