Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health care organization in the country, and the regional leader in caring for kids. At our two hospital sites, day surgery center and growing footprint of clinic locations, we proudly believe that nobody treats kids like we do. From exceptional clinical expertise and outcomes to an unparalleled patient and family experience, there is no shortage of remarkable stories to be told. Every day the marketing and communications team does just that; tells Children's story to parents, physicians, donors, members of the media, and the community at large.
The role of the Public Relations Consultant will focus primarily on external communications through traditional media and social media efforts. This position, reporting to the Manager of Public Relations and Internal Communications, will drive strategic direction, counsel, and execution of communications plans aimed at driving brand and clinical program recognition for Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
This person will be responsible for developing integrated PR plans, providing media relations counsel and support to executives and leaders throughout the organization; building strong relationships with key media resources; conducting day-to-day media relations activity; serving as a lead journalist and editor for the Children's brand; and tracking and reporting media activity against stated objectives. This position is also responsible for working with the manager of communications and public relations in developing and executing an annual Children's public and media relations plan.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or English.
- Five to seven years of media relations experience at an agency, media outlet, corporation or non-profit organization.
- Excellent writing, editorial, and communication skills - a journalist at heart.
- Working knowledge of social media and proven experience in this area.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trusting relationships, gaining credibility, and partnering with leaders and peers.
- Ability to present to groups effectively.
- Comfort interacting and working with senior leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to find great stories, hone them, and tell them in a compelling way through multiple vehicles.
- A quick study and a desire to become a subject matter expert on many topics.
- Able to take initiative and move projects forward while still being able to foster a team atmosphere.
Please visit our careers page at www.childrensmn.org to apply for the position. Job #24803