Some rewarding parts of being a publicist are learning about products and services before they hit the market and seeing the results of your work as stories in the media.
The compensation consists of a base salary plus bonuses and a complete benefits package. Comprehensive training program provided.
- Pursuit of media placements
- Interview coordination
- Media research
- Highly creative
- Ability to work on several projects at a time
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a small, cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a creative environment, while still being able to take creative direction from managers
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Proactive, responsive to change and open to feedback.
- Great attitude and team player mentality
- Sense of humor
- Sense of urgency – must meet deadlines
- A minimum of 5 years business experience (public relations, communications, marketing and/or psychology) helpful but not necessary.
- Proven persuasive, initiative, and communication skills necessary for success.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Strong work ethic
“I love making connections with the media, and putting together a great story that I know they are excited about, that their audience will love, and that will be of value to our clients. Each placement is a creative way of getting out helpful information regarding topics we should all know and care about.”
Lindsay, Communications Specialist
Media Relations, Inc
Apply online now.