Risdall PR seeks an entrepreneurial self-starter to fill the role of Account Director. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 6-8 years progressive PR agency experience, with strong strategic thinking, leadership and communications skills — with a hunger to integrate the best of traditional and digital/emerging communications possibilities.
Essential Duties and Aptitudes
· Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients.
· Own client relationships and work with exceptional organizational and relationship skills.
· Serve as point for client-service philosophy; ensuring quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
· Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
· Responsible for budget management on accounts and stays ahead of budget issues and is proactive to ensure account profitability.
· Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
· Ability to provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management and integrated marketing; embraces and understands the principles of integrated marketing communication.
· Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing those creative ideas with clients.
· Stays abreast of emerging technology and recognizes opportunities to apply the technology to meet client goals.
· Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge and trends and understanding and clients’ business in “off time.”
· Shows ability to lead others; remains calm under pressure.
· Supervisory responsibilities; identifies staffing issues and needs, adopts or creates processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs.
· Identifies/Integrates new communications capabilities and solutions and engages others.
· Helps lead cultural values; strong, active, advocate of culture.
· Instills confidence and motivates/inspires clients and colleagues.
· Effectively manages projects using resources across Risdall capabilities and effectively participates in cross Risdall-agency teams.
· Collaborative spirit to work towards the best outcome for clients and the agency.
· Effectively resolves conflict with clients and within teams.
· Actively contributes to the management of the PR agency.
· Embrace cultural values; active participation and advocacy.
· Maintaining acceptable profit margin within accounts managed and exceeds billable goals.
· Participates in business development by increasing business with existing clients.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach for agency.
· Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects, and represents Risdall in new business meetings.
· Identifying opportunities to expand client relationship through cross-servicing.
· Expertise in health care, B2B manufacturing, education, government or other target industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related studies.
· Minimum of 6 years of public relations with progressive job responsibilities.
· Agency experience or the equivalent experience with an agency model.
· Demonstrated results in public relations work, client service and account leadership.
· Stellar writing and editing skills required.
· Passion for both traditional and digital communications.
· Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent at thinking on your feet.
· Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills.
· PRSA or IABC accreditation preferred, as well as participation in a leadership role within a professional organization or pursue advanced degree.
About Risdall Public Relations
The seventh largest public relations firm in Minnesota, Risdall Public Relations is a division of Risdall Marketing Group, a full-service agency that also includes the largest web/online marketing agency in Minnesota and the sixth largest ad agency. The agency is driven by a profound understanding of the digital space which empowers it to establish brands with an integrated and entrepreneurial approach. Risdall Public Relations excels with deep knowledge in complex and highly regulated industries such as health care, education, B2B manufacturing, and technology. Now in its 42nd year of business, Risdall regularly wins awards across marketing functions. Visit www.risdallpr.com and www.risdall.com
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line “RPR Leadership Position.” Applications due by 5 P.M. CST Friday, June 13, 2014.