Coordinate the strategic implementation of communications and marketing efforts to advance the mission of Summit Academy OIC.
essential functions and reSponsibilities:
1. Assist in the establishment of Summit Academy’s marketing goals, as well as in the development and execution of marketing and communication strategies and tactics.
2. Design all printed materials and collateral, including brochures, flyers, newsletters, direct mail, letters/envelopes/letterhead, invitations, signage, logo apparel/merchandise, print ads and group email “blast” distributions; InDesign preferred.
3. Write copy and develop stories/content for newsletters and other print pieces, as well as digital media such as websites, social media sites/posts and email blasts.
4. Conduct informational and story-related interviews with staff, students, alumni, donors, contractors/employers, and other partners and constituents.
5. Website design and maintenance (including content management); and develop and refresh online content on regular basis.
6. Understand and help develop social media strategies; and be fully responsible for execution of ongoing social posts/tactics on a very timely basis.
7. Assist with ongoing analysis of website, social media and email blast metrics and performance; utilizing Google Analytics and other tools.
8. Design and distribute mass email blasts via Constant Contact software.
9. Communicate, coordinate and negotiate with partnering vendors and suppliers, as well as manage production specifications, cost estimates, schedules and deadlines for all creative materials.
10. Manage photography files and formats, as well as video library; where possible, take photographs of students, alumni, project sites, training, events, etc.
11. Maintain the organization’s style guide and help ensure consistent communication and use of the Summit Academy brand and messaging.
12. Coordinate departmental library and files of all marketing and promotional materials, resources and publications; as well as alumni testimonial
13. Support and be available to assist all departments and constituents with marketing/communication tools and tactics.
14. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, graphic design or a related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in marketing or one of the fields mentioned above; understanding of mission-driven organizations and/or the nonprofit sector is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of graphic design elements, layout and color composition; preferably using Adobe InDesign.
- Excellent writing and journalism skills.
- Strong project management experience with the ability to take projects from initiation and conceptualization through completion.
- Strong technology skills including website management, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to conduct productive and informative interviews of others.
- Strong vendor/partner communications, negotiations and coordination skills.
10. Ability to multi-task, be nimble, and balance projects and deadlines.
1. Knowledge and experience in website and social media analytics is a plus; as is search engine optimization (SEO).
2. Knowledge and experience in photography (Nikon D5100 DSLR) and/or videography is a plus; at minimum, an interest and willingness to learn them is preferred.
- Good understanding and usage of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and others.
Summit Academy OIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women encouraged to apply.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.