Business Unit Overview
Pentair’s Technical Solutions business is a leading provider of product and service solutions for enclosing, protecting, and cooling electrical and electronic systems to support automation, control and communication needs across a wide range of industries and verticals. Its industry-leading brands provide a comprehensive range of standard, modified and engineered solutions to the commercial, communications, energy, electronics, industrial, infrastructure, medical, and security & defense markets. Technical Solutions is also a world leading provider of heat management systems for industrial and commercial facilities. Our four principle business segments are industrial heat management products, building and infrastructure solutions, engineered and specialty technologies, and turnkey solutions including engineering, products, procurement, installation, and maintenance services.
Internal Communications Specialist
Pentair is looking for a creative and strategically-minded individual to help support the Technical Solutions global business unit with internal employee communications as well as internal event organization.This position will report into the Technical Solutions GBU Marketing Communication team and will also have a dotted line reporting relationship to Pentair Corporate Communications. This position will work closely with a wide variety of departments across the GBU and Corporate to develop and publish content for employee communication and organize internal events.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute on an internal communication strategy to enhance the company’s "Win Right" culture with special emphasis on Customer First values. The internal communication strategy should leverage the latest technology tools including social media.
- Support GBU President and global leadership team with internal employee and management communications including: Quarterly webcasts, PowerPoint presentations, monthly and quarterly reports, etc.
- Standardize and digitize all current internal newsletters within the GBU to increase readership and also to drive productivity through a standard digital process.
- Serve as content manager for the Technical Solutions GBU pages on the MyPentair intranet, including developing, writing and posting content as well as monitoring posted content
- Liaise with the Corporate Communication team to leverage both GBU and Corporate content to best facilitate communicating Pentair’s and GBU strategies and key initiatives to employees
- Liaise with corporate Pentair foundation to manage all community councils and charitable contributions for the Technical Solutions GBU.
- Work closely with Legal and Corporate to promote compliance and appropriate use of both traditional and social media technologies and practices across the GBU
- Develop and execute an annual GBU event calendar that includes quarterly global leadership meetings and annual extended leadership team meetings
- Manage involvement in large community events with significant Pentair contribution
Job Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of relevant communications experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with posting and managing web and social media content,
- Experience with video, audio and photo editing and posting
- Excellent skill in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bright, hardworking, creative and enthusiastic with a proven commitment to excellence; results-oriented. Energetic personality, with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- General knowledge of disclosure regulations for traditional and online media programs of publicly traded companies
- Ability to demonstrate accountability for results and show sound business judgment/decision-making ability
- Project management skills
- Agency experience is a plus
- Experience with Webex and other audio/video group communication tools is a plus