The Minneapolis office of Weber Shandwick is looking for two PR professionals, each with 5-8 years of experience to join our Financial Services team. We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive/Account Supervisor with experience working with clients in the corporate, financial services, government and healthcare and/or technology sectors.
The ideal candidates will be either:
- Someone who has experience working on integrated marketing campaigns, including influencer engagement, social media, media relations, online promotion, materials development and local market outreach. Strong writing and planning skills are a must.
- Or, a “news hound” with a passion for following the news, building media relationships and developing strong storylines that generate media interest.
Essential Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong interest in how content marketing is evolving and how audiences are receiving, consuming and acting on information
- Ability to creatively leverage content across multiple channels to engage media and client audiences
- Experience in both traditional media strategies as well as social media strategies and campaigns
- Strong media relations skills with proven experience pitching and securing stories
- Solid technical writing skills, including experience writing bylined articles for publication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize engagement activities across a variety of client accounts
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience working in a team-based environment
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct business, personal finance, technology, trade media and other influencer outreach
- Work collaboratively with the client and senior leaders on accounts
- Work collaboratively as part of an agency team across multiple client business units and multiple Weber Shandwick offices
- Occasional travel
- BA or BS in journalism, business, communications or public relations degree
- PR agency experience desired but not required
- Passion for public relations and its importance in meeting and advancing an organization’s business goals
What’s in it For You?
- Our office has earned local recognition for our ‘great place to work’ environment. We operate under a collegial model where all voices are appreciated.
- You’ll join a firm at the forefront of the industry in engaging audiences using integrated social, mobile, digital and traditional communications strategies.
- You’ll work with colleagues who are leaders in their fields and have the opportunity to work on local and global accounts.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global PR agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, our people, creativity, collaboration, and engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations. We employ some of the best in the industry, working across sectors including consumer, financial services, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital and CSR. Weber Shandwick was just recently named 2014 Global Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, which highlighted Weber Shandwick’s “consistent geographic excellence” in addition to the firm’s outperformance of the market. The firm’s innovative digital capabilities including Mediaco -- Weber Shandwick’s award-winning content publishing and distribution offering -- were highlighted as well. We’ve also won numerous “best place to work” awards around the world.
To apply for this position, please go to webershandwick.com/work-with-us and search Minneapolis jobs.Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.