The Corporate Communications and Community Relations department includes all internal communications to our employees and financial advisors, corporate meeting management, as well as external communications with the media. The team consults with business partners to ensure that consistent and effective messages are delivered to our internal and external audiences. They are responsible for our intranets and content, all conference and event agendas, content, logistics, and video and interactive elements, and for all public relations and media outreach. The team develops and delivers the company's philanthropic and volunteer programs, and works with local state policymakers to influence and advocate for Ameriprise Financial clients, products, advisors and shareholders. Responsibilities
Public Communications Intern
The Public Communications intern will be part of a dynamic team that delivers high-quality public relations for Ameriprise Financial, a Fortune 250 company. As part of the Public Communications team, the intern will have multiple opportunities to learn and develop skills that will help them as they begin their path towards a career in public relations. Opportunities available within this internship may include:
- Writing and editing content for the Ameriprise newsroom including feature stories, commentary and story ideas.
- Developing targeted media pitches for consumer and trade publications.
- Reviewing and editing news releases and other communications.
- Creating and updating media lists.
- Conducting research on current trends.
- Assisting with media outreach in local markets.
- Assist in prepping Ameriprise spokespeople including senior leaders and financial advisors.
- Being proactive in helping PR team develop new media strategies.
- Media training.
- Assisting with Ameriprise_News Twitter account.
Additional Opportunities Networking with other summer interns and people across the company. Participating in regularly scheduled calls with PR agency. Attend team and department meetings where you connect with other communications and marketing professionals. Exposure to Ameriprise executives at internship events. Ability to participate in Young Professionals Network. Learning about a variety of career paths.
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office - and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
- Current Juniors pursuing majors in journalism, public relations or communications.
- Excellent academic performance; a minimum of a 3.3 GPA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience (or strong interest) in interacting with media.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Dynamic interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Interest in pursuing a career in media relations or communications, with a preferred interest in the financial services industry.
- Interest or coursework in marketing also a plus.
About Ameriprise Focused on people, not just our bottom line. Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office - and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial. adServer
Apply Online now.