Schuler Publicity is looking for a Public Relations Intern starting as soon as possible. Located in the Uptown neighborhood, we have clients ranging from a wide variety of industries from education and nonprofits to technology and consumer.
This is an opportunity for a college senior studying PR or communications looking for real agency experience around their class schedule. We are looking for a dependable, responsible and detail-oriented person who is available to work both in the office and remotely. We are looking for someone to assist our team with a variety of PR, social media and administrative responsibilities. Ideally, this person has excellent writing skills, is comfortable multi-tasking and meets deadlines regularly.
- Strong organizational skills – able to balance a wide variety of projects
- Excellent writing skills – able to write pitches and social media posts
- Time management skills – able to manage hard deadlines
- Flexible, go with the flow nature – able to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Self-motivated – needs to show initiative and works reliably and independently without constant supervision
- Intellectually curious – able to dig in and research for client background, pitches, media lists, etc.
- Administrative tasks as necessary – create agendas and status reports, draft meeting notes, update client editorial calendars, coverage reports
- Media Relations – research, draft and edit pitches and social media posts
- Compile media lists for press releases, pitches, bylined articles, etc.
- Social Media – create and manage content for Schuler Publicity’s LinkedIn and Facebook pages
- Work comfortably on multiple client accounts – report and track progress regularly
- Part-time with a minimum of 8+ hours a week
- Flexible hours around class schedules
- Will work in Uptown office one day per week and remotely the rest
- Compensation: $200 per month
- Term: Four months and/or until end of semester
How to Apply
All applications must contain a short email note summarizing your experience and interests, a cover letter, resume and writing samples by Friday, Jan. 23, 2015. Please send to Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews start immediately.