Our people have an opportunity to nourish lives around the globe every day. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.9 billion during fiscal 2014.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance the industry through innovation and nourish the world.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS OVERVIEW
General Mills Communications is home to a group of experts that are among the best in the business. Our purpose is to serve the business by creating brand building ideas & remarkable executions that transform into profitable growth. We share a true excitement and passion for marketing across these career areas: Global Media (Digital, Social, etc.), Global Brand Strategy (Brand Design, Ad Production Services, etc.), Integrated Marketing Communications (Multicultural Marketing, Loyalty Programs, etc.), Price Promotion, and Integrated Shopper Marketing.
General Mills is seeking a Marketing Communication Planner to serve as a Promotion Marketing contact for various businesses by developing and executing Integrated Marketing Communication strategies, ideas and programs that drive brand growth.
In this role you will:
- Provide Marketing Communications leadership for specified brand, channel or customer by leveraging General Mills Communication resources and capabilities, knowledge of external consumer, and competitive landscape
- Work with your team to develop and execute activation concepts, ideas, and programs consistent with overall brand marketing strategies, including: Activation idea development and execution, Incentives (including price/coupons), Sampling, External partnerships (including media integrations & inbound licensing), Influencer and blogger work, Brand Public Relations, In-market events, Promotional Packaging, Sponsorships, In-store promotion/activities, Experimentation
- Seek input from the Central Marketing Organization and Brand Public Relations as needed for support on agency selection, content development, etc.
- Be the primary brand contact for the Channel Unit and Shopper Marketing
- Be responsible for ongoing management of timelines, budgets, workflows, impact summaries
- Be responsible for digital and social media management, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advertising, Business, Communications, Journalism, or Marketing preferred
- 3+ years of Promotion Marketing/Integrated Communication experience, either with an agency, supplier or client company
- History of collaboration and project management with cross-functional teams, agency partners; ability to build strong relationships and influence
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal/presentation)