As the Director, Digital Marketing, you will lead the strategic direction and development of Hearth & Home Technology’s e-business and interactive marketing strategies relating to both consumer and trade (B2B and B2C). This role will manage multiple direct reports and be directly responsible for working with Hearth & Home Technologies and HNI Marketing and Business teams to translate business strategies into online deliverables. This individual will lead the identification and execution of the online functionality, tools, campaigns and content necessary to achieve critical business goals and prioritize associated projects according to overall business objectives. This role will identify opportunities to simplify the online customer experience and lead efforts to drive customer value, build the brand, grow new customer acquisition, deepen and strengthen relationships with existing clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Drive organizational change through e-Business & Marketing
• Develop relationships across HHT and HNI to ensure alignment across businesses and teams
• Own user experience and QA process of b2b and b2c tools
• Execute content strategy and messages provide by brand and channel
• Own Marketing Data Warehouse system to ensure content and deliver quality
• Lead key online projects from concept through launch, ensuring exceptional communication throughout the process on budgets, prioritization, and timelines
• Lead and manage a team of web developers, internal teams and multiple agencies to accomplish business objectives
• Align with enterprise interactive standards and brand standards
• Provide leadership to Senior Leadership and across other teams of strategic priorities and trends to keep organization a leader
• Manage million plus dollar web initiatives
About Working for Hearth & Home Technologies
Hearth & Home Technologies is the world’s largest developer, manufacturer and supplier of fireplaces, stoves and hearth products. As the Hearth Experts™, we thrive on continual innovation and work to incorporate the latest in material, design and technology. Our consumer-focused approach, strong brands and streamlined value chain help us lead every aspect of the hearth industry.
Lakeville, Minnesota is our home, but we have locations throughout the United States. Hearth & Home Technologies is a subsidiary of HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) and serves residential and commercial markets. HHT produces the industry’s best and most-recognized brands, including: Heat & Glo;, Heatilator;, Quadra-Fire;, Harman;, SimpliFire™, EcoChoice™ and PelPro™. The company also manages Fireside Hearth & Home™ retail stores and builder design centers.
Qualifications, Skills, and Education
Candidates for this position should have a bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, sales, or some other related business field of study. A master degree is preferred. In addition, this individual should have at minimum of 10 years of business experience, with at least 7 years in an interactive marketing role function.
The following skills and abilities are also important in successfully in this opportunity:
• High comfort level working across multiple business units , stakeholders and senior leadership
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Exceptional problem solving skills combined with strategic vision and the ability to drive projects to completion
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to collaborate and influence others regardless of reporting relationship
• Ability to differentiate between strategies and deliverables / tasks
• Ability to multitask and thrive in a deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership skills and proven record of delivery. Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects concurrently