Each employee can make a difference at St. Jude Medical and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on St. Jude Medical :
The Sr. Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for developing and implementing global internal communication programs directed at helping to engage our employees around the world with the company mission. He or she will drive the overall internal communication strategy for comprehensive editorial planning and development, vision and values positioning, leadership messaging, organizational change communication and related communication planning and support.
As a key member of the Global Communications team, this individual will partner with Marketing Communications, PR and business partners from virtually every functional area to develop and implement internal communication strategies as part of broader integrated messaging to support company strategy and meet business objectives. He or she is directly responsible for communicating with executive leaders and their teams companywide. This individual will also provide support to the Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Community Relations on other strategic projects as needed.
The role will focus on continuous improvement of our internal communication messaging, processes and channels to effectively reach and engage our diverse global workforce.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand St. Jude Medical’s marketplace success :
- Drives internal communication strategy, best practices and strategic direction
- Manages integrated communications planning in partnership with PR and Marketing Communications
- Manages relationships across multiple areas to enable effective, consistent communication and positioning of St. Jude Medical
- Coordinates the execution and management of internal communication tactics
- Direct effective communication practices to help shape and share the SJM story with employees – our best brand ambassadors – by working with partners across the organization to articulate our story as it relates to brand, strategy and performance, corporate responsibility and community giving, products and therapies, customers and patients, and our people and programs worldwide.
- Actively listen to employees via feedback, surveys and readership analytics to understand what is most successful from a communication delivery standpoint as well as understanding key areas of employee interest, confusion, opportunity and alignment to further inform planning and execution.
- This role also supports other strategic communication needs related to organizational change, business development activities and special projects as needed.
- Manages external agencies to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your preferred qualifications and education :
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 10+ years combined experience in communications, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Excellent writing ability, knowledge of AP style and experience writing for a variety of media with strong editing and proofreading skills
- Experience managing direct reports and external agencies
- Must be able to comprehend the nature of healthcare communication, understand and follow internal and FDA communication guidelines
- Experience managing communications initiatives across multiple functions and/or business units
- Ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams
- Proven skill in message development positioning and strategy
- Must be able to strategically execute communication campaigns and deliver measurable results against objectives
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
Job : CM-Internal Communications
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting : Feb 27, 2015
St. Jude Medical
Apply online now.