Join Lakeview Health, a leader in providing the best patient care experience in the metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care! At Lakeview Health, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Strategic Communications
Manager to provide strategic communications counsel and support for the
St. Croix Valley organizations that are members of the HealthPartners
Family of Care. This leadership position supports business priorities
through the development and implementation of enterprise-wide media
relations strategies, internal communications and the management of
marketing communications staff at Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Hudson,
Work Schedule: Full-time/80 hours every two weeks, M-F, normal business hours or as needed.
Key Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Partners with senior leadership and various departments to set overall communications strategy and direction.
• Serves as key advisor and counselor for media relations for the organizations in the St. Croix valley.
• Responsible for identifying best practices and other proactive
measures to enhance HealthPartners as well as the St. Croix valley
organizations’ reputation and awareness internally and externally.
• Develops and executes all aspects of communication plans, including
the establishment and management of budgets, and supervision of internal
staff and external vendors who are key to success.
• Coordinates work with the overall marketing division to leverage resources and provide maximum support for the organization.
• Supervises communications staff, including performance reviews, work quality reviews, and provides work direction.
• Oversees media monitoring and measurement.
• Collaborates with government relations on the development and
execution of public policy communications on a national and state level.
• Leads crisis communications and issues management strategies and tactics.
• As part of the broader Communications team, provides media relations
leadership and support, including 24-hour on-call responsibilities as
required, researching and coaching leaders or other people speaking on
behalf of the organization and acting as a resource in interview
• Supports other key business areas as needed.
• Serves as senior level editor/writer for communications materials.
• Participates in other marketing and communications priorities and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English or Communications or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic communications,
including media relations (proactive and reactive), communications
planning and internal and external communications implementation.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent media relations skills
• Strong decision-making and judgment
• Supervisory skills
• Planning and budgeting skills
• Strong customer service/relationship-building skills
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits and an award winning team to work with!
We are an EEO/AA employer.
Apply online now.