Do you know how to win friends and influence people? Are you adept at using both “new” media (i.e. social channels) and “old school” media (i.e. the telephone and face-to-face conversations)? Do you love information and communications? Are you a creative self-starter who takes the work seriously but not yourself? If this describes you, then we should meet.
As a member of the Preston Kelly marketing team, you will be developing and implementing effective and innovative public relations strategies. You’ll apply creativity and strategic thinking to solve our clients’ challenges and instigate new opportunities.
If this is the job for you, you’re interested in a wide range of topics and capable of keeping multiple balls in the air. You’re a good listener who can build relationships and collaborate with other disciplines to incorporate public relations as part of larger integrated programs that build iconic brands.
• Develop and execute earned media strategies
• Write for a variety of audiences and on a plethora of topics
• Interview subject matter experts
• Build relationships with clients, journalists and bloggers
• Report on results of efforts
• Think creatively and strategically to develop publicrecommendations, plans and strategies that fit into clients’ overall marketing goals and objectives
• Develop work plans, tactics and milestones to support public relations strategies
• Implement research, campaigns, and tactics across multiple channels
• Participate in team brainstorms
• Collaborate on integrated strategy recommendations for clients
• Effectively present ideas to clients and internal agency teams
• Stay up-to-date on public relations trends, best practices and vendors
• Experiment with new and innovative ways to leverage public relations to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals
• 3-5 years’ experience in public relations (agency experience preferred)
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated experience in media relations
• Must be organized and deadline-driven
• Solid understanding of what the media considers newsworthy and how to create news
• Excellent communicator – speaking and collaboration skills
• Bachelor’s degree
o Intense attention to detail and commitment to pride in the quality of your work
o Thick skin and sense of humor
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 27 2015.