The Starkey Hearing Foundation is seeking a Communications Associate to join the marketing team. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter who wants to help us share our story with the world. The Communications Associate is responsible for developing, writing and editing highly-engaging copy for a wide variety of materials, including magazines, brochures, newsletters, website content, white papers, proposals, presentations, social media, blogs, public relations materials, etc.
- A non-profit organization working towards a greater good
- A fast paced, ever changing environment
- Our success has as much to do with attitude as aptitude—what’s in our hearts, not just our heads
Enhance the Foundation’s written identity, build story-telling
capacity and deliver consistent messaging/brand voice across all
Creates compelling, engaging copy for marketing/communications
projects including website content, speeches, newsletters, brochures,
white papers, print collateral, blogs, magazine articles, presentations,
public relations materials, etc.
Help manage content for Starkey Hearing Foundation digital platforms.
- Proofread and edit all Foundation materials.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) or equivalent, preferably in English, Literature, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Advertising
- Minimum of 3-5 years of writing experience
- Experience with multimedia storytelling, blog writing and information architecture
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of media databases and media monitoring tools preferred
- Team player attitude is a must!
William F. Austin founded Starkey Hearing Foundation in 1984 with the premise: "Alone we can't do much, but together we can change the world." At this year's Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Annual Meeting, he reported on the So the World May Hear Commitment to Action: to give one million people hearing aids this decade to restore the gift of hearing, and to make a difference in people's lives in new ways:
Our reward is in the faces and smiles of each person as we help them hear again. We truly live through what we give. Starkey Hearing Foundation's national programs and global missions add up to something larger: a movement that enables the world to hear, one by one and community by community. A movement that teaches. And one that believes hearing is the answer to many of the world's most intractable problems: isolation, poverty, and illiteracy.
Apply Online Now.