Blue Star Media Holdings is comprised of Blue Star Media LLC and VEE LLC. Blue Star Media is an Entertainment and Media Company specializing in nationwide family events. Blue Star Media LLC is one of the fastest growing entertainment-based show companies in the nation that produces and promotes over 150+ events per year throughout the United States.
VEE LLC has delighted millions of children around the world with live touring stage shows since Sesame Street Live's debut performance in 1980. VEE also provides entertainment, promotion and event marketing services for the world's most respected brands and agencies. Clients and partners in the corporate, sports, museum and event marketing sector come to VEE for imaginative solutions to capture the undivided attention of their customers and audiences through custom designed/built interactive environments.
We are currently looking for a passionate, driven, and persuasive individual who has experience with media planning and buying in the entertainment industry. We are seeking a Media Buyer & Planner in our Shoreview corporate office. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to engage directly with ad technology, is hard working and embraces collaboration and change. This is a full time position to support all media efforts for local and national travel accounts.
· The Media Buyer negotiates, places, stewards and posts media buys to reflect our clients’ marketing and advertising objectives
· Negotiate TV/radio/cable buys within guidelines reflecting goals/objectives at competitive prices
· Provide appropriate stewardship of buys within acceptable timelines established for each buy including, but not limited to acceptable make-goods and discrepancy resolution
· Provide post buy delivery within acceptable tolerance - including rerates, pre-posts, post logs, monitoring and analysis of overnight / weekly data in metered markets and compensatory tracking
· Create buyers' campaigns
· Complete forms for buy reports
· Provide media and market information as requested and as needed
· Ensures schedules have been executed by broadcast partners that adhere to approved and confirmed orders
· Self-motivated, success driven individual with a proven track record
· Excellent Organization and Communication skills
· Understanding of Media Language, Nielsen Reports, CPP
· Ability to multi-task and meet conflicting priorities as well as successfully manage day-to-day tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong negotiation, analytical and sales skills
· Knowledge of broadcast operations and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to work with figures, specific timing information and instructions while maintaining accuracy & attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under deadlines and changing priorities/conditions
· Ability to produce top-quality work in a fast-paced environment
· Motivated, self-starter, quick-learner
· Thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment; able to adapt to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum
· Resourceful, positive, do-what-it-takes attitude
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Handles stressful situations with maturity
Please send Resume and Cover Letter with Salary Requirements to HR@bluestarshows.com