You are a dynamic marketer, a wiz with words, a promoter with real experience getting the message out there, building powerful brands and helping important ideas cut through the clutter of the modern marketplace.
You are a different kind of marketer. Sure, you have experience with paid media but you believe that brands are built differently today. You want to create and curate a stream of content that will be featured in assets ranging from PR to social to events in order to build awareness and excitement about a mission-driven brand. You know the difference between SEO and SEM and believe everything needs to translate into ROI.
You are an energetic communicator who enjoys engaging with kids, parents, grandparents, retailers and potential partners. You see every interaction as data that drives smarter strategy, a better product and the establishment of a global brand.
Like YOXO, you want to do your best for kids, your best for our environment and build a thriving company that makes green products and creates jobs right here in the USA.
Who are we?
YOXO ("yock-so") is the sustainable, recyclable, made-in-the-USA, invent anything you can imagine toy company.
YOXO's award-winning building sets inspire kids to design and build their own toys using recyclable Y, O, and X-shaped links that connect in numerous ways with everyday household materials like paper towel rolls and cereal boxes. The result: endless hours of play that foster creativity and fuel imagination.
YOXO toys are manufactured from eco-friendly materials in the company’s wind-powered Minnesota workshop. YOXO is the winner of a 2014 Eureka Award, the 2014 Minnesota Cup General Division Award and numerous toy design awards including Top Toy of the Year from Creative Child Magazine.
YOXO is growing rapidly and will be available in more than 1,700 retail stores during the 2015 holiday season including select Target, Barnes & Noble and hundreds of specialty retail stores across the country. The company currently has 17 full-time employees.
Our mission is to keep kids creating.
What do you get to do?
You get to take a brand still in its infancy – YOXO – and turn it into a company recognized for both its great products and powerful mission nationally and internationally. You get to explore new and creative ways to reach our customers – both stores (B-to-B) and direct (B-to-C) – and build relationships that result in brand awareness and sales. You get to take risks, launch crazy ideas (YOXO was once a crazy idea) and work for a company that supports the right ratio of failure and success as we rocket forward.
You get to manage the digital identity of YOXO, from the website and blog to search and social media. You will craft and curate what YOXO is every day to thousands of adults who care about raising creative kids, developing content that matters to families and connecting them to our YOXO mission. You will get out there – by managing events, public relations and trade shows (with a lot of support) – to learn from our customers (kids, parents, grandparents, retailers and others) in order to refine our messaging and keep YOXO constantly improving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the VP of Sales & Marketing to develop marketing strategies and plans; take ownership and drive implementation of marketing activity for the brand overall and for each specific product or feature launch.
- Work with public relations partner to develop and maximize earned media opportunities.
- Manage social media platforms, activity and freelancers.
- Coordinate award submissions and identify new opportunities.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns to engage an audience, expand brand awareness and drive sales.
- Implement yoxo.com website updates in collaboration with our developer.
- Analyze and recap results and impact of media efforts and campaigns.
- Direct participation in YOXO events (occasional weekend work required).
- Visit key markets as needed (occasional domestic travel and weekend work required.)
- Work with designers and design partners to create sales and marketing collateral.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis and report as needed.
sales & marketing department and management team with various
projects as requested and perform related work as apparent or assigned.
- A passion for creative thinking and ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years relevant work experience in marketing and PR of branded consumer products or services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience managing social media platforms.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a fast paced environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- A passion for creative thinking and ideas.
- Ability to multi-task while clearly identifying priorities.
Please send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com. We do our best to keep every applicant informed throughout the hiring process. No agency calls, please.