Job Title: Internal Communications Consultant
Join the Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota marketing communications team and help us further enhance our strong brand reputation through effective storytelling. This position, reporting to the Manager of Public Relations & Internal Communications will drive strategic direction, counsel, and execution of communications plans aimed at engaging and rallying Children’s 5,000 employees around our brand position that nobody treats kids like we do. This person will develop integrated plans, utilizing multiple channels, to communicate to and with specific employee groups, as well as the organization as a whole.
From exceptional clinical expertise and outcomes to an unparalleled patient and family experience, there is no shortage of remarkable stories to be told. Every day the marketing and communications team does just that; tells Children's story to parents, physicians, donors, members of the media, and the community at large.
- Develop effective internal communications strategies, paired with seamless tactical execution and excellent writing
- Convey organizational goals and strategies to employees in a way that increases engagement and aligns people around our mission and values
- Develop two-way communications tools to give employees a voice and engage them in dialogue
- Stay current on ever-evolving internal communications tools/technologies to continuously improve Children’s ability to achieve business objectives
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings with key internal clients, including the executive team, HR and key clinical areas to stay ahead of planned announcements and communications needs
- Serve as a gatekeeper in the flow of information to employees, ensuring we are communicating with one voice and consistent messaging
- Write internal memos, e-mail announcements, blog postings, presentations, and other strategic communications to clearly communicate with employees
- Partner closely with PR and Social Media peers to manage organization wide initiatives as well as crisis situations, union disputes, events, etc.
- Leverage social media tools to accomplish internal and external communications goals
- Participate in the development and execution of media relations campaigns as needed, such as writing news releases, pitching news media, staffing media events, crisis communications and media on-call responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English
- Five to seven years of corporate communications experience, health and/or healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent writing, editorial, and communications skills – a journalist at heart
- Comfort interacting and working with leadership. Demonstrated ability to write on behalf of senior-level executives
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to present to groups effectively
- Working knowledge of social media and proven experience in this area
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trusting relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with leaders and peers
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, including interpersonal skills
- Proficiency to find great stories, hone them, and tell them in a compelling way through multiple vehicles
- Comfort working with news media
- A quick study and a desire to become a subject matter expert on many topics
- Able to take initiative and move projects forward while still being able to foster a team atmosphere
- Experience working with a variety of desktop programs and online performance analysis tools.