- Responsible for developing, planning and implementing public relations/external communications programs that advance the organization's business goals and enhance the organization's relationships with media (traditional/social), key influencers (industry analysts, community leaders, government officials, etc.).
- Develops and implements proactive media communications strategy and crisis communications plans; collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver creative, strategic communications through print, online and/or video media.
- Coordinates external communications, such as publications, fact sheets, collateral print materials, etc.; produces audio/visual productions for various audiences.
- Develops effective external communications strategies..
- Represents the Company in small and large group settings to promote the Company and the brand on efforts to proactively communicate product and service enhancements, community investment initiatives, and other important public policy issues.
- Monitors and coordinates the distribution of the Company's messages through presentations, news or trade media contacts, special events, public speaking, or other means to reach defined audiences and meet specific program objectives; serve as official regional spokesperson for the Company with external media, including on-air interviews, as warranted.
- Works closely with VP, External Affairs to keep him/her well informed on media relations (traditional/social) activities, industry and public policy Issues, debates and trends and provides proactive advice on the impact and relevance of these
Issues to the Company.
- Directs the external engagement of the leadership team as it relates to outreach on media relations and public policy issues.
- Directs, writes, and edits external communications, including messaging for leadership teams for external events, media interviews, etc.
- Works directly with the external affairs team (including the Community Investment, Public Relations, and Government Affairs functions) to develop effective external communications strategies to enhance the Company's relationships and advance its strategic and policy goals.
- Implements an effective measurement and analysis approach for campaigns that will support prioritization of activities and investments.
- Determines and recommends how to deliver and manage the information flow outside of the company to diverse audiences, including multi-cultural constituencies.
- Manages public relations employees and consultants and/or firms.
- Develops public relations initiatives aligned with business requirements.
- Works on cross-functional teams as an advisor regarding external communications strategies and tactics.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary, including potential need for overnight availability in crises-communications situations- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree or EquivalentField of Study: Communications, Public Relations
Years of Experience: Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Apply Online Now.