GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees subsidizes for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
This is a new position that will serve as the communications lead for the Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans (MCDHH).
- Assure information is accurate, accessible, and promotes equal opportunity of Minnesotans who are deaf, deafblind and heard of hearing.
- Develop and implement a statewide communication plan, in partnership with MCDHH leadership and others, to continually improve MCDHH's media outreach, presence, and products and promote equal opportunity of Minnesotans who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing.
- Serve as lead communications manager for strategic initiatives, tools and processes by consulting with Executive Director, staff and stakeholders in determining appropriate and accessible communications tactics; creating/editing a variety of communications (e.g., news releases, speeches, American Sign Language (ASL) and captioned videos, reports, legislative materials); lead or participate on focus groups or projects; administer informational or education programs, documentaries, promotional materials and general public surveys; promote MCDHH online classes and oversee efforts to develop and improve them; help to advance Accessibility standards and Plain Language initiatives; advise management on ways to continually improve.
- Maintain the MCDHH website; plan and implement the design and structure of social media; develop online and social media tools.
- Supervise contracts and manage projects to provide education and information to MCDHH clientele, promote civic engagement and advance MCDHH's policy agenda.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relationships, or a related field and one year of professional communications experience.
- Intermediate Plus skills in ASL.
- Experience with website management using a content-management system (CMS).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official application and hiring site. See instructions below on how to submit your resume and application. For assistance with this process, contact the Website Helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on Wednesday, July 15th, 2015.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Select “Applicant Help”
- Click “Apply for Jobs” to create an account and submit your resume
- Apply for job posting number: 15DHS000585
(NOTE: the classification for this position is Information Officer 3)