Position Purpose: The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of effective PR and communication strategies designed to build awareness and generate enthusiasm for Ordway programs and activities among the media, key stakeholders, and the general public.
Candidate Attributes: A successful candidate will have a background and interest in public relations, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be able to manage time effectively, excel in fast-paced environments, and have a passion for the arts.
Position Details: Posting Date: 6/19/2015
Closing Date: Open until filled
Employee Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: PR Manager
Timing of Position Opening: As soon as possible
Key Performance Areas
- Coordinate and assist in the creation and development of PR, media relations and communications materials which effectively communicate the Ordway’s mission, promote Ordway productions and events, and support all other Ordway programming and initiatives.
- Assist in distribution of PR and communications materials and messages to ensure positive media coverage of Ordway events and news.,br> Provide administrative support to PR Manager to result in the timely and accurate completion of work results, meeting deadlines and ensuring PR goals are being met.
- Assist with social media efforts to support and meet PR and marketing goals.
- Lead and inspire interns, resulting in the motivation of high-performing interns which will meet the Ordway’s business needs.
- Actively participate on committees and project teams that support the Ordway’s mission.
1-2 years of PR or communications experience
At least one year of administrative experience
B.A. or B.S required,preferably in PR, Communication, Journalism or related field.
Strong Microsoft Office skills
Excellent writing/copy editing skills and knowledge of AP Style
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
To Apply: We would encourage all applicants to apply online through our website (www.ordway.org/employment) by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the screen. Or you can submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three references to Human Resources, The Ordway, 345 Washington Street, Saint Paul MN. 55102 or email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ordway is an EEO employer. Applicants will need to create a username and password to applyonline, if you have previously registered you can login with your established credentials. Internal applicants will need to utilize a different email address than the one that ADP Workforce Now uses for time card notifications/reminders when creating your account. Requisition ID 1019