Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Consultant (Executive Webcasts & Meetings) to join our team in Minneapolis, MN.
Position is responsible for planning and managing executive webcasts and meetings, working directly with the CEO and senior leaders of the company. Accountable for excellent communications project management, writing and client service. Contributes to corporate goals and targets through implementation of communications plans for internal and external audiences. Coordinates work with other Communications staff to ensure alignment with overall strategy for the company and/or business units, jurisdictions and issues.
- Plans, researches, writes, edits and coordinates development of webcast content and meeting materials.
- Coordinates work and schedules with graphic designers, ensuring final products meet client needs. Documents and improves processes to produce quality, on-time results within budget.
- Serves on various cross-functional teams to provide communications perspectives and helps develop and implement plans and tactics to achieve team's mission. Provides communications counsel to clients.
- Works closely with vendor-partners, including digitial tools, printers, direct mail houses, bindery shops, etc., to ensure production meets quality and timing requirements; receives invoices and initiates payment process, including ensuring correct budget codes are used. Understands and supports Xcel Energy?s brand; understands and demonstrates behaviors in accordance with the corporate values.
- Five years experience in positions that require significant, direct interaction with clients, designers and production vendors.
- Proven ability to write clearly, concisely, quickly and accurately, incorporating key messages and calls to action and using appropriate language and tone for the target audience.
- Able to progress on a variety of projects during the course of the workday and accustomed to working at a fast pace.
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related discipline.
- Experience in the utility industry preferred.
- Experience planning executive webcasts and meetings
Apply online now.