The Fairview Physician Associates (FPA) Marketing and Communications Specialist implements communication and marketing tactics that meet specific business needs and support FPA’s brand, vision, goals and strategic initiatives. Working at the direction of FPA’s Marketing and Communications Manager and other FPA leaders as appropriate, the Specialist executes a wide variety of tactics, including web content, electronic newsletters, print materials, FPA and community events, digital/ interactive marketing and communications channels and video. The Specialist also supports and helps to maintain communications databases and related infrastructure.
To be successful, the Marketing and Communications Specialist must possess excellent internal/external customer relations skills in a matrixed environment, strong writing and editing skills for a variety of print and digital media, project coordination competency across multiple communications channels, have basic photography and video experience, be comfortable interacting with people in diverse roles and locations, enjoy event coordination, be passionate about capturing and sharing FPA member value-added experiences, and be able to take work direction and feedback from multiple sources. Through effective brand management, this position contributes to strong relationships with FPA member practices and Fairview entities to support FPA member engagement, clinical integration and measurable business results. Health care experience preferred, self-starter a must.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of FPA and Fairview system and functional areas.
· Knowledge of key audience segments (e.g. member clinic administrators, independent and Fairview physicians, nurses, managers, partners, policy makers, donors, community partners).
· Knowledge of marketing and communication plans and execution of appropriate tactics to achieve results.
· Ability to implement and manage detailed project tactics, to include web contribution and digital communication tools.
· Ability to think at both the macro and micro levels.
· Ability to gather appropriate data and information from disparate sources.
· Connect across FPA functional roles to include marketing/comm, strategy, quality, clinical systems, membership, contracting, health coaching, finance, as well as appropriate Fairview functions to include communications, marketing and creative services.
· Understand audience segments
· Understand and implement strategic messages and communication channels, including electronic/ interactive, print, events, presentations and audio/visual vehicles
· Ability to listen, analyze and synthesize information
· Ability to see strategic picture as well as details
· Strong intellectual abilities to assimilate new information quickly.
· Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Ability to write and edit for a variety of channels—print, electronic, in-person presentations, audio/visual
· Ability to write for a variety of audiences, including English as a Second Language and physicians/providers
· Exceptional oral and written communications skills
· Knowledge of AP writing style
· Digital photography experience
· Video recording and editing experience
· Knowledge of electronic content management tools
· Competency in multi-channel digital communications tools
· Event coordination
· Interviewing skills
· Detail oriented
· Commitment to clarity and accuracy
· Ability to work under deadlines
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Knowledge of standard business practices
· Ability to track expenses and reconcile to budget
· Knowledge of FPA brand and proper application
· Observational/monitoring skills
· Ability to identify cost-saving opportunities
· Ability to identify process improvement opportunities
· Knowledge of developmental stages and age appropriate outcomes and interventions
· Ability to accept cultural differences
Apply online now. Enter job number 15-55616.