• Create and/or update marketing and communication materials for all Adult Options In Education programs and initiatives including: AOIE webpage, social media, databases for mailings, ads for community education brochures, flyers, news releases, articles and announcements for local news publications, etc.
• Coordinate grassroots efforts to recruit participants and volunteers and to develop program interest and support.
• Create and maintain personal contact with relevant social service agencies, faith communities, businesses, and other potential sources of client outreach.
• Provide technology support in such areas as: Web site design and maintenance, identify and apply appropriate outreach and marketing technologies available through consortium districts.
• Interact with community education departments of member districts—and other appropriate school district personnel—to provide and obtain information for outreach activities
• Establish key contacts with local media (TV, radio, and news) and coordinate media promotions through/with the communications coordinator of each school district.
• Plan and organize special projects and/or events: Open Houses, GED Graduation, Career/Resources Fairs, Back-to-school events, and other events as needed
• B.A. or B.S. and experience in Marketing, Mass Communications, or related field preferred
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Prefer experience with adult basic education
• Experience with graphic design
• Experience/training in web page design and maintenance
• Experience working effectively with people from varying ethnic, race and economic groups
• Ability to manage time and be self-directed
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.Application Procedures: