Sunday, July 19, 2015
Xcel Energy - Advertising & Brand Manager
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for an Advertising & Brand Manager to join our team in Minneapolis, MN or Denver, CO.
The primary focus of this role is the management and implementation of marketing campaigns via e-mail platform. The successful candidate should be proficient in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and the Exact Target e-mail platform. This includes proficiency in Data extensions, Automation studio, and Data Analytics. An understanding of how data is passed between SFDC and SFMC (the connector) is also beneficial.
Designs and implements a customer-centric marketing communications plan for assigned customer/market segment; including the creation and development of 360º marketing campaigns and analytics. Integrates customer segments and channels into a comprehensive marketing communications strategy to support the overall DSM, renewable, load, and enhanced services objectives as well as brand, safety, and other corporate messages. Promotes company products and services to increase sales and market penetration as well as to improve customer understanding of key issues and the corporate brand.
- Provides work direction to team members. Demonstrates and applies subject matter expertise related to assigned customer/market segment. Oversees tactical implementation of marketing communications initiatives and works cross functionally to ensure consistency of message and campaign.
- Designs and implements marketing communications campaigns that achieve company business goals in key areas such as safety, company reputation, and products including CIP/DSM. Campaigns will encompass business-to-business and business-to-customer. Creates measurement and metric tools for campaigns and monitors analytics for constant improvement.
- Directs the work of full-service advertising and brand agencies and other vendors in the formation of broadcast, print, outdoor, Internet, direct mail collateral and other advertising activities that meet corporate brand and individual business unit goals as needed. Directs work of in-house design teams in the formation of print collateral, direct mail, email, newsletters, etc.
- Designs and implements messaging and media strategy, including research and testing to gain final recommendations. Presents and gains buy-in from executives across multiple levels on strategy and execution.
- Creatively and actively works cross-functionality to seek continuous improvement of marketing programs. Stays current with local trends and media for maximum effectiveness. Proactively seeks and mines opportunities that achieve client goals.
- Internal Communication: Assures company executives and employees are informed of the Company's advertising and communications efforts to gain internal support and buy-in. Manages jurisdictional relationships and advertising & communications needs ensuring consistent messaging. Sponsors the Xcel Energy brand and ensures adherence to brand standards.
- Manages campaign budget and negotiates pricing with vendors and agencies as necessary.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- 8 years experience in advertising, communications, or marketing, which includes both agency and client side experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing communications and advertising strategy principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications law, including libel, slander, defamation, trademark, copyright, advertising truth standards, and contract law regarding formal bids for design, photography and printing. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Prior experience leading teams or projects
- Knowledge of the utility industry
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations: CO-Denver
Apply Online Now
Posted by Unknown