Keystone Retaining Walls is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our Minneapolis team. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be involved with the creation and execution of a broad range of marketing communications programs and campaigns.
- Ability to partner with internal team members and external customers and vendors to plan and execute projects.
- Assists with the creation and design of collateral, advertisements, sales tools, technical, training materials, and other projects as needed.
- Writes copy, edits and proofs web content, collateral, press releases, articles, case studies, point-of-purchase/store displays, and e-mail/direct marketing campaigns for all market segments (Landscape, Retail and Structural).
- Helps to develop, implement and recommend public relations and marketing programs to strategically position the company for growth.
- Manages Media relations including distribution, pitching and follow-up.
- Maintains media library. Tracks all company advertising and PR, as well as competitive media placements. Analyzes placements and produce regular reports.
- Assists in development and support of company Website, including strategy development, new page creation, updates, metric reports (Google Analytics), and PPC account management.
- Maintains marketing-related items, including lead generation tracking, in Salesforce. Research and produce lists for direct mailing and blast emailing campaigns.
- Create and manage editorial calendar (from content development through production) for multiple external, and internal, facing newsletters and publications.
- Orders, tracks and maintains company promotional items, including the collection of competitive vendor’s bids and purchase ordering.
- Assists with planning and coordination of trade shows, seminars and corporate events.
- Utilizes ROI tracking of all marketing investments and provides regular updates on progress towards attainment of strategic goals.
- Manage and maintain all social media channels; evaluate new tools and make recommendations to Marketing Director as appropriate.
- Assists with general marketing administrative support and other projects as directed by the Marketing Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year/Bachelors degree; Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communications, English, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience
- 3-5 years of communications experience (extensive copy writing experience required)
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and planning abilities
- Strong copywriting skills
- Able to work closely with a consensus-driven, highly interactive management team
- Technical agility
- Ability to effectively serve as primary point of contact for select vendors
- Proficiency in developing messages and other written communications for multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to travel on occasion (less than 10%).
- B2B AND B2C experience
- Knowledge of industrial, environmental, civil engineering and/or construction markets
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Constant Contact.
- InDesign knowledge a plus.