Ecolab’s purpose is to make the world cleaner, safer and healthier, protecting people and vital resources. With annual sales of more than US$12 billion, Ecolab is a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that provide and protect clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments. Ecolab’s 47,000 associates deliver comprehensive programs and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets in more than 160 countries. With more than 1,300 scientists in research and development at 15 R&D centers globally, and more than 22,000 sales and service associates, the company delivers personal on-site service at more than one million customer locations. Ecolab is listed on Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies, Best Companies to Sell For, World's Most Ethical Companies, and CDP’s Leadership Indices.
Ecolab is seeking a contract communications specialist. This contract position will be primarily responsible for researching and writing stories for our internal newsletter and magazine, proofreading copy, leading the editorial calendar and approval process for content, managing various aspects of communications campaigns and projects, posting content to our internal website, and supporting written material with photos, graphics and video as appropriate.
Qualified candidates will have excellent reporting, writing and editing skills, a strong attention to detail, experience managing projects/editorial calendars/deadlines, and the desire to learn our content management and other technical systems.
To inform, engage and align employees by developing and posting editorial content on the company’s intranet, and assisting with other internal communications projects.
The role is:
- Based in St. Paul, MN
- Requires minimal travel
· Mesa Denny, manager, Internal Communications
- Report and write stories for the intranet, weekly e-newsletter and bi-annual magazine.
- Manage editorial calendar and approval process for e-newsletter and intranet content.
· Manage translations as needed.
· Manage email distribution and approvals as needed.
- Post content to the intranet, using the Sitecore content management system
- Create weekly e-newsletter, using the Exact Target email marketing tool
- Create graphically interesting intranet pages through the use of graphics, photos and videos.
- Continually review and update content on the intranet.
The ideal candidate is proficient with content management/email marketing systems and has strong reporting, writing and editing skills. The candidate should be comfortable working collaboratively with the broader Global Marketing & Communications team and internal subject matter experts.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism or related field
- Experience with content management systems and/or email marketing tools
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong reporting, writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Experience with social media
- Experience with managing graphic design, photography and video production
- Good relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
Application information:Send a resume, cover letter and three or four writing samples to Mesa Denny at email@example.com.