Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, is seeking a contract employee in External Communications. The contractor will assist with the development and implementation of external communications strategies and programs to further increase Ecolab’s visibility in key external channels.
The contractor will be primarily responsible for assisting in the development and publishing of content on Ecolab’s social media channels and website. This person will also support initiatives including media relations efforts, issues monitoring, creating and sending corporate email communications through our email marketing system, research and more.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled individual to work with the external communications team for one of Minnesota’s largest companies. The ideal candidate appreciates the importance of creating visual and compelling content, understands the value of social media and is eager to play a pivotal role in helping the team share Ecolab’s value proposition with stakeholders broadly.
· Serve as lead content creator and monitor for Ecolab’s corporate social media channels, web pages and email communications.
· Post and update content to external communications’ pages on Ecolab.com, such as news releases, news items, events pages and more.
· Create graphically interesting communications and web pages through the use of graphic design, photos and videos.
· Prepare a daily news brief of relevant press clippings, conduct media audits and other research projects and assist in creating reports of the team’s efforts.
· One to two years communications experience
· Strong graphic design, digital and social media skills
· Excellent writing and editing skills, comfortable with AP style
· Strong planning and project management capabilities
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Ability to balance urgent needs with ongoing priorities
· Proficient with content management systems
· Knowledge of HTML code
· Knowledge of email marketing systems
· Presentation development skills
Ecolab is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Every day, we make the world cleaner, safer and healthier – protecting people and vital resources. Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Around the world businesses in foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil and gas markets choose Ecolab products and services to keep their environments clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals. Our global workforce of more than 47,000 employees consistently delivers comprehensive solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers.