Honeywell is seeking a skilled Public Relations Specialist to support the company’s Connected Buildings initiative. Reporting to the Public Relations Manager, this opportunity will allow the candidate to define, execute and evaluate public relations programs for Honeywell businesses that power more than 10 million facilities across the globe. The work includes trade, business and national media relations, and social media support. This person will also contribute to programs to help grow Honeywell’s presence in high-growth regions.
The ideal candidate must be able to manage several projects in varying
stages of development, work across communication teams supporting the
company’s buildings-focused businesses, coordinate efforts with outside
agencies, and communicate effectively with marketing, sales, legal and
other business functions. Specific requirements include:
−Work with business and marketing leaders to help develop integrated
communications plans, messaging and content that align with the
company’s strategic priorities and themes.
− Coordinate global PR programs across Honeywell to drive print, online and broadcast coverage.
− Provide writing and content creation support for media and influencer
relations, including the development of key messages, news releases,
pitches and spokesperson prep material.
− Build and foster media and influencer relationships that help generate awareness and interest.
− Provide guidance on effective program management and measurement activities.
− Coordinate PR efforts with marcom and marketing teams to maximize exposure.
− Create alliances and collaborate effectively with functions from finance to government relations.
− Manage PR agencies and budgets.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing public relations in a B2B
environment, with a proven record of executing high-impact programs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and strong media relations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and
effectively manage projects from conception to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, and distill complex
technical concepts into press releases, executive presentations, key
messages, briefing materials, etc.
- Fluency in emerging PR practices, tactics and the role social media
plays in driving thought leadership and customer engagement.
- Working knowledge of all communication tools and channels.
- Ability to travel 20%.
- Mix of corporate and agency experience.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to manage in a matrix organization.
- Experience in technology, energy or buildings-related industries.
Honeywell (http://www.honeywell.com/) is a Fortune 100 diversified
technology and manufacturing global leader. It generated $39.1 billion
in sales in 2014 and currently employs 132,000 people in 100 countries.
The company has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Apply Online now.